Saturday, May 21, 2011

Death

I just found out that a good friend's mother passed away tonight. She had apparently been ill for some time, but its still sad when someone dies.

I sent him a message on Facebook after hearing the news. Later, when I was on Facebook again to see what others might have written in reaching out to him I was surprised to see that he had posted something. The specifics of what he posted are not important, but the content was basically about Heaven and his Mom being there now with his Dad. I was moved by this and it got me thinking.

My parents are older -- both in there 80's -- and as I've discussed some on this blog, my Dad's health is not great. When the day comes that one of my parents is gone I know I won't have the positive outlook that my friend did. I'm not religious and I don't believe in heaven.

I know this is a strange post but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment