Thursday, November 11, 2010

Two Steps Forward One Step Back

Today started out as a normal good day. The subways were quiet, probably due to it being Veteran's Day so the commute was low stress. As has been the case recently, my wife was with me. I arrived at work a little late -- shortly after 10am - but no big deal.

However, the day got stressful as the annoying co-worker who sits next to me was his generally annoying self. And I had projects to get done - including assigning some tasks to him to complete. And while I toiled away at my PC working on multiple projects I watched him pretty much EAT all day. I really don't know how (or if?) he gets any work done when his hands never seem to touch the keyboard. Also, our boss is over seas on business and so I think his absence makes my co-worker feel less motivated to do any work.

I finally had had enough around 5pm when he interjected himself into another conversation that he wasn't part of. I REALLY wanted to remind him that he had like, actual WORK to do.. but since I'm not his boss I just kept my mouth shut and left.

Since I left work earlier than normal I figured I could catch an earlier bus downtown -- hopefully one that would actually go to Wall Street this time. No such luck. I waited for 15 or 20 minutes as multiple bosses (not mine) stopped at the stop before decided to walk across town and try my luck on 2nd Avenue.

I got to 2nd Avenue and waited another 10 or 15 minutes for a bus but never saw one. At this point I was tired and still agitated from the day and said screw it and grabbed a cab. I realize I should have at least TRIED the subway - even from "way" up town where I was but I really just wanted to go home and take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment